Whether or not you feel Valentine’s Day is a commercialized holiday there is a good chance your significant other does not feel the same. With a tight finances, paying for marked up Valentine’s presents can push you over your budget. Giving a gift, or doing something special, to show you care doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. Here are seven inexpensive Valentine’s Day gift ideas:
- Recreate your first date. Remember where you went, what you wore, etc. This super romantic trip down memory lane can help bring back those initial sparks.
- Spa gift basket. While these pre-made baskets can be expensive, a DIY version isn’t. Fill a dollar store basket with bubble bath, candles, facial scrub and some fake rose petals.
- Breakfast in bed; a classic that never goes out of style. If you are not an excellent cook, skip making breakfast and opt for some fruit and croissants.
- Looking to go out? Try one of these low cost date night ideas.
- Hand make a coupon book your partner can use anytime. Include ideas like 20 minute massage, dish cleaning coupon, two hours of uninterrupted video gaming… the options are endless.
- Make a time capsule. Write down all of your favorite memories; add in any tickets, receipts and photos as well.
- Instead of buying marked up Valentine’s Day chocolates, buy generic chocolate and place them in a cellophane bag. Secure the bag with red and pink ribbon and a handmade card.
Let that special person in your life know just how special they are and try one of these seven Inexpensive Valentine’s Day gift ideas.