Fall is here and its time to warm up after braving the brisk chill air. We’ve put together a few apple recipes that are both easy and delicious!
Oven Baked Apples
6 large peeled, cored and sliced apples
2 tablespoons of sugar or maple syrup
3 teaspoons of vanilla sugar
3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
4 tablespoons of water
1 tablespoon of butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a large baking dish or bowl with butter.
3. Mix sugar or maple syrup, vanilla sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
4. Stir the sliced apples into the mixture until they are evenly covered.
5. Put apples into the baking dish or bowl.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes and then add water and bake another 15 minutes or until apples are soft.
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
3 teaspoons brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Thinly slice apples (similar to thick potato chip thickness).
3. Arrange apple slices evenly on a baking sheet so they don’t overlap.
4. In a small bowl mix the cinnamon and sugar and then sprinkle over the apple chips.
5. Bake apple chips in the oven for 2 hours on the top rack until they are dry and crisp.
6. Remove from oven and let them cool completely before storing in a zipped lock bag or Tupperware. They can stay crisp up to 3 days.
Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Room temperature butter
2 slices of your bread of choice
½ cup shredded cheddar
Mustard to taste
½ an apple, thinly sliced.
1. Heat a non-stick pan on medium low.
2. Butter one slice of bread and place in the pan with butter-side down.
3. Spread mustard on top to your taste and top it with shredded cheddar and sliced apple. Add the rest of the cheddar on top of the sliced apple.
4. Butter the other slice of bread and place it onto of the cheddar, with butter side out.
5. Cook slowly over medium-low heat until golden brown and crispy.
6. Carefully flip when most of the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown and lower heat to low.
7. When both sides are golden and crispy remove from pan and let cool.
We hope you enjoy these fall comfort snacks! Share your favourite fall snacks with us in the comment section below!